Friday 4 April 2014

Planting Calendar...No Guessing Again

Following a planting calendar is very important to ensure that the plants are ready for the outdoors after frost. My husband (hail king of the spreadsheets) and I created an Ms. Excel document with details of the planting season as instructed by the seed packages. The You Grow Girl blog has a very insightful planting calendar for starting seeds! 
Collection of containers used to grow the seedlings: those tall green stalks are green onions i tried to regrow!
I started planting the seeds in late February/early March. Some of the older seeds I had from many years ago had expired but I tried to grow them anyways. Behold, the expired cucumber seeds sprouted and grew so fast that I had to give away the extra seedlings to family and friends! Currently, I have young seedlings (carrots, kale, salad mix, green onions, cilantro, thyme, rosemary, tomatoes, mini sweet bell peppers).
Cucumber seedlings grew so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment